Scope and purpose
Thermia AB is responsible for processing personal data on the thermia.com website and in databases such as Thermia Online, Partnerlogin. This Policy applies to processing by Thermia of personal data relating to external stakeholders. If your questions are not answered below you can contact us using enquiry form at bottom of Thermia.com front page.
The purpose of this Policy is to give our cooperation partners and current, previous and potential users of Thermia products (referred to as ‘customers’ or ‘you’) a general understanding of:
– which personal data we collect
– when and the reason for collecting personal data
– how we manage your personal data.
Personal data that we collect
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- Description of Property
- Installation address if different from postal address
Data collection (when and the reason for collecting personal data)
You may provide us with information about yourself or your Thermia product, for example, a heat pump, by contacting Thermia, via the Thermia websites or through Thermia’tain’tend customer center. We may also obtain such information from our resellers, insurance company or from a third party. Such information (‘customer-provided personal data’) may include:
– your contact details (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, description of property, installation address etc.)
– demographic data (persons in household etc.)
– product data such as serial number, model, date of purchase, installation date, service history, heat source, heating system, type of brine etc.
– positional data generated through your activities (navigation help, search queries and position sharing to determine appropriate heat pump taking account of climate)
– details of your purchases and use of our products and services (customer preferences and settings, purchasing history, Thermia Online etc.)
Some Thermia products may automatically collect technical data concerning products and environment which are not related directly to you individually. Such data (‘Product Data’) is usually linked to a product serial number and can therefore be indirectly traced back to you. Product Data may include:
– installation company (reseller)
– installation date, installation address and description of property
– technical product data (type of brine etc.)
– system function status (heating system – radiator, underfloor heating, convector etc.)
– details of product use (operating hours, heat source – rock, ground, air etc.)
– environmental data (temperature at installation site, product photos etc.)
Under normal circumstances, we do not process sensitive personal data other than on the basis of legislation. Insofar as social security numbers are stored by Thermia, such data is considered sensitive.
The collection and use of Product Data may be required
(i) so that engineers can diagnose and remedy defects in products during the servicing or maintenance of products,
(ii) for Thermia’tain’tproduct development, for example for improvement of product quality and safety features,
(iii) for managing Thermia’tain’twarranty commitments and
(iv) for meeting requirements in accordance with legislation.
We do not usually request your consent when collecting or using Product Data for the purposes referred to above, or for similar legitimate purposes on Thermia’tain’tbehalf, if this is not considered necessary in the individual case or not required in accordance with applicable legislation, as we base the registration of personal data on an agreement or other legal basis.
Balance of interests
We only process personal data if this is necessary for a legitimate purpose and in order to perform our warranty obligations or other commitments resulting from law or a contractual agreement. Processing your personal data constitutes an important element of us being able to guarantee that a high standard of products and services is available to you.
Minimisation and accuracy of data
Thermia strives to only process personal data that is sufficient, relevant and not too extensive in relation to the purpose for which it has been collected.
Extract from records
Thermia will provide additional registered information relating to our processing of your personal data on request. Details of how to contact us can be found under ‘Contact and support’.
Compliance with legal requirements
It is our policy that legislative requirements, regulations and provisions, including privacy and data protection, must be complied with in all countries where we are active. We will update this Policy on an ongoing basis to ensure that it meets legal requirements.
Thermia sets out clear rules for meeting data protection requirements in its agreements with resellers and other cooperation partners. However, please bear in mind that Thermia and Thermia resellers are separate legal entities and that Thermia is not normally responsible if such entities fail to comply with applicable legislation. If you have any questions regarding the use of your personal data by resellers, please contact the specific reseller from which you purchased your product.
Purpose of processing personal data
Personal data collected by Thermia about you and products, is used:
– to provide products and services to you, including confirmation that you are entitled to certain purchases and services and to give you better offers and experiences.
– to notify you of updates or changes to our products and services, including but not limited to changes to our terms and conditions and policy
– to inform you about new products, services and offers
– to provide support and services for products (warranty service, information about recalls etc.)
– for product development purposes, for example to improve product performance, quality and safety
– to evaluate and improve our service to customers and communication with them
– to meet requirements in accordance with the law.
Minimisation of data storage
We only store your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes indicated in this Policy or purposes you have been notified of in another way.
Personal data (name, address, telephone number and e-mail address) which is disclosed in connection with the purchase of a Thermia product will be stored as long as is required for Thermia to fulfil its warranty commitments. In most systems, personal data is erased after one year, but in the case of installations, complaints and warranties, personal data is erased after 11 years. If you have requested the deletion of data, we may still keep certain personal data for the period required in order to fulfil our legal commitments and defend ourselves in legal disputes. If we have not received your consent for processing, data will only be kept for as long as is permitted by law.
Right to receive information, correction etc.
Following a written request to this effect, all data subjects are entitled to information free of charge once a year regarding which of their personal data is processed by Thermia. If data is processed, following such a request the data subject will receive details of which personal data is processed, where it has been collected, for which purpose or purposes it has been processed and to whom the data has been disclosed.
Requests for information regarding the processing of personal data should be made in a letter and signed by the person requesting details of their personal data. Thermia will send a reply to the postal address registered at Thermia unless another address has been confirmed. You should send your written requests to the postal address below.
671 29 Arvika, Sweden
You should also contact us at the above address if
- you want an extract of your personal data
- you want to request the correction of inaccurate or misleading data,
- you want to request the deletion of personal data,
- you demand the processing of personal data to be limited,
- you object to personal data being used for direct marketing,
- you are entitled to move personal data (data portability) or
- you object to the data controller’tain’tprocessing of your personal data.
Thermia strives to take the required technical and organisational steps to protect your personal data from accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, and any other unlawful forms of processing. We also strive to ensure that the level of confidentiality and steps taken to protect your personal data are sufficient in relation to the risks present due to the characteristics and processing of your personal data.
Disclosure to third parties
Thermia may share your personal data:
– with Thermia resellers in order to send you product and service offers and other messages and in order to ensure servicing by authorised resellers in the event that installers/resellers cease operations for one reason or another.
– with suppliers who provide services to Thermia in accordance with a personal data processing agreement (in accordance with legal requirements).
– with other business partners in order to send you product and service offers and other messages (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, installation address), for example, but not exclusively, with insurance providers in order to be able to offer extended security insurance.
– in connection with the sale or transfer of Thermia or its assets.
– in accordance with legal requirements, for example in connection with an official investigation, dispute or other legal proceedings.
– when we, in good faith, consider that disclosure is necessary in order to protect your rights, for example to investigate potential breaches of our terms and conditions or to detect, prevent or uncover fraud or other security issues.
– for development purposes, only Product Data will be shared.
Processing of data on our behalf
At Thermia, access to your personal data is limited to Thermia employees and resellers who need to use this data in order to process it on our behalf or supply a product or service. Persons with access to personal data are contractually bound to protect your personal data and keep it confidential. We endeavour to choose a data processing services option that best protects the privacy of your personal data vis-à-vis third parties.
We do not share your personal data with third parties for their marketing purposes if you have not given your consent to such sharing.
However, Thermia may provide you with information about new products, services, offers or conduct similar marketing activities that we consider may be of interest to you. E-mail marketing will only take place if the data subject has given their consent to this in advance. If you wish to unsubscribe from a certain e-mail newsletter or similar communication, follow the instructions given in the communication concerned.
Thermia reserves the right to amend this policy from time to time. The date of the most recent amendment is given at the end of this document. If we amend this Policy and the way in which we use your personal data, we will provide an updated version of this Policy on the Thermia website at https://thermia.com/privacy-policy/
Updated on 24 May 2018.